Monday, May 10, 2010

Mummy's entry - Was it love at first sight?

I started this tag some time back when I was pregnant with Haye Li and I knew then that I will do the same for Haye Li when she was born accept that I kept postponing it. It has always been at the back of my mind but never got around to it.

So while blog-hopping one night, I came across a mummy blogger whom I do not know at all but was a friend of a mutual friend and she brought this tag up. I felt so guilty that Haye Li now is over 18 months old and I still haven’t done this for her. After all, I created this tag!

So now, I’m going to blog about whether it was love at first sight with Haye Li when she was born.

Similarly to Rye Li’s, it was not exactly love at first sight either. I was really happy to see her but I guess from that grogginess and all, my motherly instincts just came in and I just wanted to attempt at breastfeeding her immediately. This little kehpohchi (busybody) was more interested in her surroundings that my boob. She kept looking around the room and only after minutes of coaxing her, she then latched on.

This time, since I wanted hubby to stay at home with Rye Li while I was at the hospital that 2 nights, Haye Li was with me in the room the whole 2 nights. I bonded with her and although there was definitely love, it was very much a motherly duty love too. Although I carried her for that 9 months in me, when she was out, it does feel strange like she’s a little stranger. But that was like the first day or so till reality sets in.

So it was not also love at first sight for me but the love came faster than it did Rye Li’s time. Probably coz I know what to expect as this is the second time. Will there be a third? Only God will know for I really do not know at this point in time if I do want another one. :)

And since now I do get more readers than I did before (although I'm pathetic at updating the girls' blogs), if you happen to read this Tag for the first time, please do blog about it if you want to. I’d like to see if there was love at first sight for your kids when they were born. :)

No comments: