Saturday, July 11, 2009

My holiday at Perhentian Island

We went to Perhentian Island in the first week of June. We left home at 3am so that we can be ready for the morning speedboat at Kuala Besut into the island (as the sea would be less choppy in the mornings compared to the afternoon). I slept in the car in the first part of the journey till about 7am. I did cry now and then to get out of the car seat (either for nen-nen or to be carried) but overall, I was considered not too bad.

i had my teething biscuit to entertain me, well, for at least half an hour or so


on the speedboat


got sleepy from all that wind and bumpy ride



zzzzz




1st thing we arrived on the island, i helped myself to Kai Jin's playpen, the biggest I've ever seen





my first homemade porridge (sweet patatoes and rice porridge), thanks to aunty pei-see, kai jin's mom...and eversince then, i prefer porridge to rice cereal





i love aunty pei-see's cooking so much that my dinner meals throughout our stay there were all hers (actually, kai jin's) - i didn't even touch the baby food mummy brought into the island. mummy said we will come here often for holidays now since she doesn't need to crack her head on what to feed me, i can always eat what kai jin eats




my playpen, my parents didn't want me touching the sand yet

do i look sexy here?




my first time swimming

i wasn't alone in the sea




this is how i had my naps through the days there



my island family, uncle ronnie (who built the biggest playpen), aunty pei see (my favourite chef) and their beach bum baby, kai jin (my favourite beach baby!)




when it's too hot to play at the beach, this is where i'm mostly at


it's tough to get good shots of us cutie pies in the playpen, even with food to bribe us



i get to hang out at kai jin's high chair when he doesn't need it



in the evenings, i get to soak in the sea






or we go to the fresh water stream when it's too hot - the water there is really cold!

soaking again with papa



my beach baby friend, kai jin....he's really a beach bum coz he hangs out at the beach everyday! how we envy him!



i prefer hanging in my playpen than to be on the sand

kai jin came to join me too...don't we look so cute together?!



of course, kai jin's playpen got more interesting things to play with

i get scared when i see this........
papa in his 'mr. incredible' suit which scared the jeepers out of me. i would cry and cry when i see him like this, even after he came to me to tell me that it's him. it was only after few days seeing him like this, i wasn't so scared already





the other way i would have my naps throughout the days there

kai jin again, did i mention that he can swim?! well, he is not afraid of going underwater in the sea with his eyes open! even my mummy cannot do that!

this evening i didn't get to go into the water as it was going to rain and was very windy

the first time i got be left on the sand and i didn't like it one bit. kai jin was giving me the weird looks as he found it weird i didn't like his beach.

hope my next trip to the island would find me running all over and kai jin would teach me how to dive, er swim!

1 comment:

Kit said...

Hi! I wanted to comment earlier but the browser wanked out (it's really no fun surfing from China).

Haye Li's looking sooo good - funnylah how she freaked out at Hubby in his wet suit.

Eh, you need to teach me how to use the darn sling as I've only used it once! I see how comfy Haye Li and you seem to be. All the material and rings is pretty mind-boggling actually :P