Saturday, July 11, 2009

Some overdue updates

Miss me?! :) ....what has been happening with me?! A whole lot....er, let's see...I've got teeth! Yes 2 of them now.



Started with my top left tooth at 8 months old. Yes, I'm the unusual one as most babies will have their bottom tooth out first. Mummy got upset that she wasn't the first to know. It was papa who told her when he picked me up from Aunty Ng's as Aunty Ng was the one who found out. She's upset coz she's always 'brushing' my teeth (gums) and there wasn't any signs that I was teething (other than the clingy phase and fever too after my pneumococcal jab). Guess she was looking at the wrong space (my bottom gums) and also she thought I won't be teething so early since my sis had her first tooth at 11 months. And interestingly, a week after my top left tooth erupted, my bottom right tooth came through.

I look really goofy now since my top tooth looks kinda big but I'm still so adorable....


do u still want to kiss me?!! :D



I still wake up many times in the night (much to mummy's dismay...her water thingy didn't really work coz I will also wake up for water - after crying my lungs out, at least it's better than nothing).

I'm eating 2 times porridge at Aunty Ng's and over the weekends, it's one baby cereal in the morning and one porridge in the evenings. I drink more than 20oz of breastmilk (still 100% breastfed) in a day and loads of water in between (i like water!). I also get baby snacks at least once a day (either my teething biscuits or some baby rice crackers). I can eat a lot, a whole lot more than my sister when she was my age but I don't look fat. I got my papa's genes, he was a skinny kid.

I like standing now and love to pull myself up whether I'm holding on to people or the furnitures. My paternal grandmother, Ah Por, thinks I will start walking when I'm 9-10 months old. We shall just see.

My first words.... cher-cher, well, it's sounds more like 'teh-teh' and i can also say water = 'ah-ter'. During day time, I refuse to acknowledge the 'M' sounds, even after many times of mummy saying "Mama" or "Mum-Mum" to me. But during the nights when I want her to bring me out of my cot for my nen-nen, I will go 'mmmmamama', many, many times. It kind of works coz she will end up carrying me out of my cot and I'll be sleeping with her after that through the night on her bed. :) This was like a month ago, now I do say 'mum-mum' when it's feeding time.

I don't like my cot anymore as once you put me in, I will start crying. I now know it's a prison cell. This is why when I wake up at nights and realised I'm in the cot, I will cry and cry. When I'm too tired and realised that mummy is not coming to my aid (she looks dead asleep on the bed), I will go back to sleep on my own but if I'm not too tired, I will just continue to scream my lungs out until she carries me out from the cot.
I'm still one nosey baby. Any noise will get my attention even if I'm dead tired and falling asleep so with a noisey sister around, I get up easily after mummy just got me to bed at nights.

I don't like to be left alone, even if you leave loads and loads of toys around me. The minute you're out of my sight, I will cry and cry. And I love being carried all the time, only thing is, I also like to jerk around a lot when you carry me so you have to be careful when you do carry me. Mummy says I behave very much like a boy (I still look like one since my hair is not growing!).

Lately, I'm always squinting my eyes. Mummy is kind of worried whether it's my eye-sight or just a phase I'm going through. She will ask my doctor when I see her soon for my 2nd pneumococcal jab.


Here's some latest pictures of me....


a picture of me and my grandma, she loves kissing me whenever she sees me



with my cousin brother, jo tien, my cousin sister, ro wyn, was too fast for the camera.



my papa (blur) look



i just love my teething biscuits (and so does mummy as this is the only thing can make me sit still for so long!)



this was taken over a month ago and mummy wish i can still sit in my cot like this




topless, cute moments.....
ever since i can sit up, i can now join in my sister's fun. :)




Welcoming my new cousin brother....Shane

looks like me or not?! ;)


no, it's not my birthday but my friend, Kai Jin...the beach baby. his por por just tagged me along for the birthday song and so i tumpang glamour too



that's all folks....see how i love my teething biscuit till i fall asleep with it. :D

1 comment:

Kit said...

She's soooo cute! Ahh...I love these months when they've started solids, can sit independently and not that up to too much mischief yet :)

She really is more active than Rye Li, huh? You're gonna have your hands full when she starts walking hahaha

Hey, your friends own the resort, is it? Looks like a nice place to go...how preggy-friendly is it, huh?

We're thinking of a beach holiday in Oct when I'm 7 months preggy! What do you think?