Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On drinking milk

Ever since a baby till now, I have a very bad habit when it comes to drinking milk. I could never finish drinking my milk at one go. As I was very young then, I could still get away with it without being scolded upon.


These days, I'm being scolded for always wasting milk. Depending on my mood, when my mummy scolds me, I will finish them up. Lately, most of the time, I do not and no amount of threatening can make me finish them (unless the cane is brought out and that also, if mummy has to threaten me numerous time).


During weekdays in the mornings, before we go to Aunty Ng's, I will get away from threatens by mummy when I do not finish my milk since she's always rushing to leave the house. Over the weekends, mummy will bring out the cane and threaten me again and again till I finish the milk.


Last weekend, I took a different approach. When I stopped drinking and put down the half finished bottle on the floor, mummy started threatening me. I chose to ignore her and went "I don (t) wan (t)!" and continue watching TV. Out she came with the cane and pointed it out at me. Although I was scared of the cane, I just went "I don wan, I don wan"


Next thing I knew, she brought me to the naughty corner and I refused to sit there. Instead, I walked away. And she brought me back again and threatened me with the cane. I refused to listen to her and by this time, she was shouting at me. I just went "I don wan" and walked off. Actually, I was half crawling and walking back to my chair in front of the TV. By this time, she went hysterical and next thing I knew, "WHIPPED!" at the back of my right leg. I immediately went "OW, OW, OW!" and a "PAIN!" and cried! I have always been scared of the cane and now I know why. Never realized it's so painful.


Mummy then dragged me to the naughty corner and asked me to stay there. I cried for another 5 minutes or so till I've calmed down. After what felt like forever, papa came to my rescue and asked me to finish the milk at the naughty corner while he accompanied me (coz I got to watch the "Nobody, nobody but you" song on his phone). I managed to finish my milk and papa asked me to go tell mummy that I've finished my milk.


So did I learn my lesson after that? Not really, again, I get away during weekdays in the mornings but I'm not so lucky at nights. I know that I will not be so lucky either over weekends and I would probably finish all my milk with the threatens by the cane.


Pssst....mummy told papa that she was really heartsick having to cane me that first time. There was even a mark after that but by afternoon, it was all gone. Whatever it is, I hope I will never get another caning!

1 comment:

A Mom's Diary said...

Wei, shouldn't let her sleep with the bottle like that leh...not good for her teeth.