Saturday, December 11, 2010

My first trip to Penang

My first trip to Penang was not how Mummy envisioned it to be. We had to visit Ah Kong whom was ill and within a month, we were there 3 times. Sad to say, my Ah Kong is no longer with us and you can read all about it from my sister's blog.

In the car, first time being on Penang bridge - we went up to visit Kong-Kong in the hospital. I was very well behaved during the journey to and from (other than the fact I refused to pee in my diapers so there were stops specially for me!)


At papa's friend's place, their first time meeting me and for me, the same too. This is Kai Ji




Papa was playing with Kai Ji and I got jealous so I plopped myself on him



I didn't even want to let him carry Kai Ji!




My che-che and Kai Ru, busy playing with their new found toys!






I was happily playing with the boys' papa that I laughed and laughed!





At the hospital visiting Kong-Kong during our first trip there

look at my cheeky face! playing with Ah Mai's (papa's sister) necklace


The below were taken during our second trip there (3 nights), this was after Kong-Kong's surgery


with Shane, our cousin - he loves to pose for the camera!


with Ah Mai and uncle Phil - looks like we're one happy family ya?!



che-che and I were busy playing with i-pad touch at the hospital - this trip we were not allowed to be on the bed with kong-kong


We went to visit the place where kong-kong was brought up






This trip, we stayed 2 nights at Gurney hotel so us kids could have some fun!



uncle phil lifting my che-che



and i wanted the same!


when we checked into the room, my che-che and i were checking out the view from our bathtub!



we went swimming and i was so happy!



my che-che glued on to ah mai like a koala bear


see how brave i was! i refused to let papa hold on to me! mummy was screaming away to papa to hold on to me as i'm pretty much an accident proned baby!


after a few attempts on the water slides with papa, i'm happier going down on my own!



i kept wanting to do this at the adult's pool!


after swimming in the pool, we get to play some more in the bath tub!


The hotel had some activities for kids and we joined in for the shell painting ones during one of the days while papa and the rest were at the hospital

we played on the artificial sand after that. what my sister did, i also want to follow!


The below were taken during our 3rd trip (nearly a week) there, for kong-kong's funeral


this is where i stayed put mostly as i was afraid of the dog that roams about the funeral parlour



the dog that i was scared of - he loves to have his naps here






this was what i also did to keep me occupied and to give the adults some free time



mocking around at the lobby of Gurney hotel while being checked in, we stayed there during the funeral as it is closer to the funeral parlour


i also try to pray while the rest are praying at nights



this was taken after the funeral was over at the crematorium




loving the plain porridge that was served!



with my second cousins from kong-kong's side




Rest in peace kong-kong!

No comments: